Tuesday, January 3, 2012

new New Year's tradition

I've started a new tradition this year~ video interviews of each of my kids on New Year's Day. I ask them what their name is, who their friends are, what their favorite food is, etc. They loved it, and I love that I'll have videos from every year that capture who they were and what they were like. I'm sure as they get older, my questions will change to suit their age. After the first round of this year's basic questions, I kind of just let it go from there. At one point my daughter sang the ABC's and demonstrated her favorite dance moves. And I couldn't help but laugh at some responses I got. Apparently my 4 year old's favorite thing to do is to share her toys with her sister. Ha! What a ham!

I got the idea (and this picture) from How Does She.
She had some great questions to start with.

1. What is your name?
2. How old are you?
3. What is your mom’s name?
4. What does your mom do during the day?
5. What is your dad’s name?
6. What does your dad do during the day?
7. What is your favorite color?
8. What is your favorite thing to eat? (what don’t you like to eat?)
9. Who are your friends?
10. What is your favorite song? Can you sing it for me?
11. What is your sister’s name?
12. What is your favorite place to go?
13. What is your favorite thing to do?
14. What do you like about your Mommy? (Daddy, sister, etc.)
15. What do you want to be when you grow up?
16. What is your favorite book?
17. What does (sister/brother) like to do?

Go ahead, grab your video camera (mine was in the back of the closet) and get rolling! It takes 10 minutes and you'll be glad years from now that you have more videos of your kids.

2 comments:

  1. You will LOVE that you did this in future years! My children are 35 and 39 and I have a cassette tape (yep, that's old) of them talking to their grandparents and singing. It is priceless to hear those little voices. You will have the added advantage of seeing them too. If your grandparents are still alive, consider asking them questions too. Like what it was like in their school, their home life, how they met each others, their early married life, etc.
    Just found your blog. You have a precious family and wonderful ideas to share. Keep it up! Karen S, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I agree with Karen above. Wish I had some video of my now grown sons, but I did have a chance to record some things with my Dad who passed away last June..
    Precious memories!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails