Monday, January 9, 2012

Dining Room Progress

Step one of my dining room makeover has been completed!!! Wondering what step one was?

Convicing my husband that we really do need to do board and batten all around the room...and that yes, we really can do it ourselves. Honestly, it didn't take that much convincing. I've got a handy man and one who is willing to put up with my decorating whims.

I've been searching the internet for what I want the room to look like and I've put together a few inspiration photos.... Thank you Pinterest!

Rug... I just ordered a jute rug like this one today from Overstock.com. I debated about going with a floral pattern, but was afraid I'd get tired of the pattern before the rug wore out. This way I can change color schemes without having to change the rug. {I also love the color of the walls}


{source}

I love the tablescape on this table. So, I'll be looking for candlesticks here pretty soon.


{source}


Curtains! I really want to have buffalo check curtains somewhere in my house... and the dining room is great place to start I guess. Not sure of the color I'd go with yet...and these are actually striped (but I think they look buffalo check-ish).
{source}

I am loving the color in these two rooms.


{source}


{source}

I want the board and batten to end up looking like this...



{source}

I'm really hoping to get productive this week. But it's the first week back to school for our kids... and me to my part-time job. Soooo.... maybe this is just a good project for January. Oh, let's just be honest... it's a good project for February too!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails