Thursday, September 1, 2011

Baby Boy's Nursery

I finished the nursery last week!! Better late than never right??
I kept it pretty simple. The walls were already blue & the bottom half was already beadboard, a project that Lindsay helped me with last year.
I'm thrilled with the way the crib turned out. It goes well with the bedding and is a good contrast to the cool walls.
I spray painted a "D" to match the crib & framed a sepia colored picture of my buddy in an old Ikea picture frame.
I exchanged light colored baskets with these darker ones to make the bookcase look more boyish. The top 2 baskets actually hold clothes and blankets, since there isn't a dresser in here. The canister of baseballs is a plastic drink dispenser, minus the spout. It looks close enough to the ones I like from Pottery Barn Kids, but was half the price at Walmart.
The pallet bookshelves have worked out great. (If only I had mounted them lower so that my kids could put the books up when they're done with them!)
It was relatively easy to pull together since I already had most of the furnishings. I used a brown shower curtain for the curtain and borrowed a pillow from our guest room for the rocking chair.
Even if it's 6 months after his birthday,
I love having a little boy's room in our house :)

3 comments:

  1. Love the Nursery! How did you make the book shelves? They would go perfect in our vintage nursery for my daughter!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails