Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Home Tour #2

Tiffany showed you her beautiful Christmas tour yesterday... and I'll admit... I hate to follow that! :) But, so you can see how the other half of That Village House is doing Christmas... Here it goes.




I went VERY simple this year on the mantle. In fact if you take a look at my Fall mantle NOTHING moved! I just replaced the fall things with Christmas things.


I've already shown you my tree and the story it tells.

My coffee filter wreath has a new home for the holidays. I got this great wreath stand from our girls trip to Canton.



As I envisioned when I did these shutters my wreath works out great.

Our yearly frames find their home this year on our built in cabinets in the dining room. If you look closely it looks like I'm a year behind on printing a photo! This is me... love me or leave me. :)

Another Canton find I just added Poinsettias to for my front door.

So this tree was supposed to remain undecorated except the lights. My husband and the kids got a hold of it while I was inside decorating the other tree. Since the kids are 4 and almost 3 I couldn't stand to break their hearts by taking all the balls and garland down. They were so proud of what they'd done!


I was inspired by the beautiful wreaths in Pottery Barn last year so my mom and I created this one. I love it (and the price)!!


Our Santa pictures line the piano. We see the same Santa every year which makes it fun to display them all together.

So, my decor is a little on the plain side this year. Maybe I'll hit some after Christmas sales and do more next year. I made a decision to get rid of every piece of decor that I didn't either love or use. And I'm left with the bare minimum. The good news is that Goodwill will be getting a donation from me pretty soon!


Linking Here:
Nesting Place

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the suggestion, that looks great! Plus it's a more practical height than mine, haha.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails