Friday, September 17, 2010

More Fall Decor & HELP please!

So my $200 piece of furniture has been dressed up for Fall but I still need your help finishing it. I started with this....


And gotten it to this...


It was very simply done with limited resources. I moved my cloche from another table and placed a fall wreath around it for some attention. For some reason it just looked blah to me without! I had a few fall springs that I added to my signs and vase. I even dug through leftover books from our garage sale that had fall colors and made a little stack with them. I got the cute lighted pumpkin at Marshalls a few weeks ago and love having a little light going at night that's not a candle!


Here is where I need your help!! See the little shelf with nothing but a black book on it? I have NO IDEA what to put here. I don't want a sign since I have the Special Home sign going on in the other shelf. I can't do pumpkins because of the pumpkin up top. What would you do? I just had a light bulb moment while typing this... what about a cornucopia with gourds spilling out? Help please! I know you lovely ladies have ideas galore. Please share in the comments below.

The last area I have completed so far is this little round table that used to house my cloche. I found the glass piece at TJ Maxx for $5.99 (a far cry from the $30 that another of my beloved home decor stores wanted for the same piece). I added seasonal potpourri (btw, who even knew potpourri was still in??). I then just added two things from my Fall decor box to round it out.
I still have my front porch and shutters to decorate over here. Slowly but surely I'm feeling like fall is here!! Now, if the Lord would just bless us with fall weather we'd be set! :) Happy decorating everyone!


Linking Here:
The Shabby Nest
Chic on a Shoestring Budget
A Few of My Favorite Things
It's a Blog Party

6 comments:

  1. I was thinking a cornucopia too or some folded fall colored throws to add softness. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great accessorizing! I love how your idea of finding books in the right colors. I saw the cutest little black crows at the $1 store with the Halloween stuff. That would look cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about a candle with some fall colored beading around it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog through links. Love it! If you ever need new recipes or want to be featured come check out our site and send us a email!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it amazing the difference a few changes can make.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lindsay. I just got your message and thought I'd pop over and see what you've got going on over here.

    Don't you just love the colors of fall? I know I do.

    As far as your question about the shelving unit, I would move your picture frames from the top down onto the book and leave the rest of your stuff on the top the way it is. Instead of adding more things, I think all it really needs is to move some of it around.

    You're off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails