Friday, July 16, 2010

Crafty Friday {Making Life Fair}

I'll start by saying that this isn't very "crafty" but it's Friday...so bear with me!

Having three kids can be a lot of work. Gasp!! I know, it's a shocker, right! My husband and I really try hard to spend time with each of them individually when we can. We will take one or two with us when we run errands. My husband has one car seat in his car so if we're both headed the same place the kids fight over who gets to ride alone in that car. It's amazing how different the kids will act when they are by themselves and can get one-on-one attention.

Doing this sometimes causes problems though. "Who'd I take last time?" "Who gets to come this time?" This week I came up with an idea that will hopefully help with this. Believe me...it's easy to take child who is acting the nicest or is already dressed or hasn't been in trouble that day. Somehow a 4 year-old and two 2-two year olds remember who got to go the last time even if I don't! Maybe for this crazy family the chart will help us keep the peace.

I designed this on the computer using InDesign and had or local copy shop print it on cardstock and laminate it so I could hang it on the fridge.


{I digress...I hate how my fridge looks when seen through flash photography! The wear and tear is really evident}

For the marker I used a glass decorating bead and hot glued a leftover magnet to the back.


Any of you with multiple kids have good ideas of how to spend one-on-one attention with them? And how do you keep track?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails